Sunday, July 15, 2007

Lemonade Chicken with Lemon Rice

Lemon is the flavour of the weekend. I like lemon a lot not only for its taste but also the way it looks which is much better than the rest of its citrus family. Lemon goes well with tea, dry gin, oyster, pasta, rice, chicken, etc. I must admit I made this dish by accident. I took a can of lemonade from my dad's fridge to quench my thirst & it tasted so good that I decided to pour the rest of the drink into my cooking. Well done!
Lemonade
(ANGLIA Shandy - alcohol content 1%)
Chicken Parts
Potatoes
Mixed Herbs
Butter 20g
Fresh Lemon Juice
Olive Oil
Sweat onions with garlic in olive oil. Add in chicken & stir till brown. Add ¾ can of lemonade, potatoes & simmer for ½ hour under medium heat.The sweet taste of lemonade will seep into the chicken meat & tenderise it in the process. Add salt & pepper to taste, then add fresh lemon & butter to thicken the sauce.

Lemon Rice
Steam rice with lemon juice plus water.
Add a few slices of lemon & a little salt.
There you have it!
Genuine taste of a new lemon dish!

Btw I'm not a fan of the Lemon Tree Song :p