Friday, June 29, 2007

Sibu Fest 2007 - Kampua & Tattoo

Guess which is homemade & which is from Sibu?
I was in Sibu for work in conjunction with the Sibu Fest 2007. Plenty of things to see & eat. 2 things I enjoy the most there - eating kampua (not sure of the spelling) & tattoos. It was also the 2nd Borneo International Tattoo Convention 2007. Tattoo enthusiasts came from all over the world to showcase their tatts & convert new legions of followers :) Nevertheless, eating kampua is a permanent fixure for me when doing work in Sibu.
I did one thing right this time round, I bought 1 kg of kampua mee (uncooked) to bring home & made my own version of Sibu kampua mee :) The dry noodles is very cheap - cost only RM2.20 per kg, which is just like the price of kampua in the Sibu coffee shops. I've to give it to them for having the cheapest food in Malaysia.

Kampua Mee
Chopped Spring Onions
Sliced Cha Siew
Minced Pork
Fried Onions
Pork Stock as Sauce (homemade lard)

Boil kampua in boiling water (add salt) for 3 minutes.
Rinse the noodles & put aside in a bowl.
Add pork lard & toss kampua.
Garnish with cha siew, minced pork, spring & fried onions.

There you have it - KK kampua!
Sibu style breakfast.