Friday, September 21, 2007

Strips of Pork Chop & Cha Sau (Roasted BBQ Pork)

Dish 1: Pork Chop
I made this dish specially for my two boys. I even nicknamed one of them pork chop for his love of pork. Make sure to tell the butcher you want lean meat for making pork chops or doing BBQ pork - "Cha Sau". I think I got a good deal for 1.7 kg of pork for only RM22 which I bought from Foh Sang.

500 g of pork meat
( sliced & marinated with light soy sauce, sesame oil, salt & pepper)
Constarch
Egg lightly beat

As for the sauce:
Brown sugar (2 teaspoons)
Tomato sauce
Constarch
Lemon
Ginger
Salt

Dip sliced pork meat in egg & batter it with constarch. Deep fry it in a non stick pan. Repeat for all the slices. When meat is cooked, keep it aside on a kitchen tissue to absorb the oil.

For the sauce, add some oil & ginger, plus the rest of the ingredients. Add a little water & heat up till gravy thickens. Pour the sauce onto the pork & serve.

Dish 2: Cha Sau
From the remaining of the 1.7 kg pork, I took about 1 kg of it to make my own version of cha sau or cha siew or sasau - depends who's talking :o)

Marinate overnight with:
2 Cubes of Salted Bean Sauce (Tauhu Masin)
Osyter Sauce
Salt/Pepper
Chinese 5 Spice
Cha Siew Sauce
(Lee Kum Kee Brand recommended)

Roasting:
Convection oven
conventional oven,
open fire-BBQ
or your choice really
at 180°C for 20 minutes &
150°C for another 25 minutes.

Not made to order.